Feedback is recruiting a Chair of the Board of trustees
Feedback is at an exciting time in its development. We are looking for someone who can bring passion, experience, knowledge and insight as we continue to help further our mission of a food system that regenerates the natural world while sustaining people on a fair basis.How to apply Apply Here
About the job
Feedback is an environmental charity working to reduce the impact humans have on the planet and regenerate nature by transforming the food system. We are the only UK environmental campaigning charity working specifically on food systems issues. We are an independent voice regularly called upon by businesses, governments and civil society across the UK to provide evidence and advice on issues like nutrition-sensitive land use, industrial animal farming (including aquaculture), food waste, and regional food economies.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we embark on our new strategy.
We would welcome an application from you if you are/have:
● Passionate about food which is good for the planet and good for people, (preferably with an understanding of one or more relevant farming, food and/or environmental issues)
● Attuned to the culture and dynamics of an evolving NGO seeking radical change
● Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, share our values and have sound judgement and integrity
● Experience of chairing a committee or similar entity and, preferably, of being a charity trustee, SME board member or involvement in an NGO decision-making body
● An understanding of managing financial risks and opportunities in an organisation
● Experience of successful business/organisational management and leadership
● An understanding of influencing policy and campaigning, and/or fundraising
● A strong team player who possesses tact and diplomacy
● Able to commit 1-2 days on average per month
This is an unsalaried position. Appropriate expenses associated with travel, etc will be reimbursed by the charity.
How to apply
Please write a statement of no more than 500 words detailing why you’d like to be considered and how you think you are suitable for being Chair of Feedback. Please send this with your CV to our Head of Operations: Claudia Rawlinson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more about any aspect of the role, depending upon the nature of your enquiry, please email Claudia as above, in the first instance, to request a phone call with our Executive Director, Carina Millstone or our outgoing Chair, Glen Tarman.
Closing date for applications is 31st March 2022
A shortlist of candidates will be selected for interview by a committee from the trustees, including Cathy Johnson and Darren Hughes.
Interviews will be held in March or April.
We may invite the preferred candidate to the Board meeting on 21 April 2022.
The recommended candidate for appointment as Chair will then be considered for ratification by the full Board.